Why, I hear you asking, did I name my post spaghetti dress? Due to the loose weave the fraying was very unforgiving and each seam had to be oversewn after pressing (not that I wouldn't do that anyway) so it was a bit like working with spaghetti, but hey, it's got a lovely self pattern.
Lyndsey decided to go with an embellishment at the neck a la Karen Millen style. I managed to source some buttons from a Dogs Trust charity shop that fitted the bill perfectly - Little Moo was happy I was able to help his friends too.. Here's before and after buttons.
I decided not to make the skirt as fitted as the pattern due to the loose weave and danger of seams splitting apart (a lesson learned from a past mistake!). The dress was lined with a navy lining to give a sumptuous weight and make it comfortable.
As the thickness of the fabric and oversewing were creating bulky seams I also decided against embellishment at the waist and went for a belt instead. This was very satisfying creatively speaking as I hunted through my now nearly defunct bead stash to put together this belt closure which also doubles up as a brooch on its own, thanks to a catch on the reverse.
And here's the overall finished effect, complete with accessories - very pretty.
Thank you Lyndsey for being such a lovely model.